Part #: HY3-HDG4
HD (Heavy Duty Pressure Plate)
Clamps load increase of 20% to 50%, pedal feels stock to moderate, SFI certified to insure safety.
G4 (Spring Centered 4 Pad Disc)
- Recommended for road racing.
- Increased torque capacity and spline life.
- Good durability and spline life.
- Quiet operation.
- Reduced driveline shock.
- Very harsh engagement.
Note: For use with factory dual-mass flywheel
This Performance Race Kit features ACT's most popular Heavy Duty Pressure plate. ACT Heavy Duty pressure plates use exclusive diaphragm design to increase clamp load, reduce deflection and maximize clutch life. All diaphragms endure an exclusive four-stage, heat-treating process for unparalleled performance. ACT pressure plates have precision cover stampings to provide rigidity and consistency. ACT's 4-pad, spring-centered race disc features a spring-center construction to properly damp torsional vibrations for quieter operation and resist failure even under harsh conditions. ACT spring retainers utilize wraparound spring windows and thicker retainer stampings to provide spring support, reduce stress concentrations, and increase strength and reliability. With the 4-pad, spring-centered race disc engagement is harsher, but shifting is faster. ACT's 4-pad, spring-centered race disc is well-suited for smaller disc sizes in smaller engines.
- Feel: A low to moderate pedal feel; aggressive engagement with stock to low to moderate gear rattle
- Life: Longer clutch life achieved through ACT's exclusive diaphragm design
- Quality: Premium ceramic friction materials provide low wear rates and high heat tolerance
- Recommended Use: Recommended for high horespower street or race use
- ACT Difference: All ACT pressure plates are dynamically computer balanced for smooth operation at high RPM